View Profile Gario

27 Movie Reviews

Looks like the result of Portal finally coming out on Linux.

Very nice work from Krinkels, as usual. The song ws pretty awesome, too.

Oh God, this is the kind of shit that I pull on people all the time. The jokes are so bad... that they become the joke. Great animation on top of this, to boot.

Punnarific, man. Just punnarific.

TerminalMontage responds:

Thank you Gario! :D

Wow, that was kind of amazing. It's definitely filled with inside jokes, to be sure, and that will NOT suit everyone's tastes. For those familiar with TGWTG, though, this is pretty awesome. The animation is a little sub-par, though, but it still gets the message across well enough. Nice work, man.

RogerregoRRoger responds:

Glad you liked it!

I'll try to work more on my animation, sure.

5 Game Reviews

Fun, but broken

This is a fun game, but if you figure it out it becomes far too easy. If people figure out to avoid the Firepower upgrade after what is visually the highest level they will keep their quick fire rate, if one collects all the shields that player is essentially invulnerable for the entire level, and every 10,000 pixels (EVERY 10,000 pixels) nets them an extra life... considering there are roughly 80-90k pixels to shoot in the levels past 10, that's a lot of extra tries. After a while one doesn't need to try - just collect shields, avoid FP, and kill oneself if they get too many FP upgrades.

Any one of these very simple changes could make the game viably hard in the later stages. Remove free ships after... say, 100k points (or make it something very difficult to achieve, like every 100k points). Keep one's FP upgrades if one dies (that way for every upgrade they accidentally collect they are cumulatively. punished for). Remove shields after a certain point in the game. Any one of these changes (or any combination, for that matter) will make the game into something that will eventually end.

Otherwise, it was pretty good.

If this is spam...

... then I hope NG gets a lot more.

Awesome game

Well, excellent concepts, great gameplay, awesome music, decent story. It's pretty damn good.

The exposition is a bit painful, at times. The length of the conversations are quite distracting. Short and sweet would've been great, here.

The battles are fun, but a little broken with the shield. The game could go with less of a 'Defend like a mother while hitting with small hits' style battle with the bosses and more of a 'Time your chains right and let loose' style, instead. The latter style is considerably more entertaining and interesting than the former. Removing the ability to strike while defending would add quite a bit of depth to the gameplay, imho.

Otherwise this was an excellent game. Nice work on it.

81 Audio Reviews

Very ambient, indeed. There's some interesting use of the pads in the background - interestingly, they never really clash with anything, which is impressive, considering what chords are being made up in the background. Nice production values overall, too - no real empty spots in the soundscape or clipping, so nice work.

I really enjoy the drum work you have going at the end... but then it stops. I agree with Midimachine that it sounds like it's opening up to a new section, then it just dies. Would've loved to hear it go somewhere from there, but what you have is enjoyable for what it is, as well.

Oh, the thread closed. Oh well - I actually wanted to say that detuning in general will create a chorus effect, which makes the sound wider and more full. It's often used in dance lead synths in order to obtain the fullness in sound.

432Hz is cool, but it would actually be even more interesting if it weren't placed on top of the 440Hz notes. It does have a different sound, and separating the notes would emphasize it more.

Chronamut responds:

indeed it would!

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

Hmm, very strange tuning fluctuations in the drums in the beginning. It's not inherently bad, I'm just not used to them. I notice you lose them after the beginning, which made me a little sad, strangely enough.

Solid drum beats - I like the set you're using for this. The trippy sounds are fun to listen to, as well, and you're using your panning space effectively. I really wish you didn't do a 6-minute variations track on the same four notes, though; while I like the space you set up, after a while I started skipping through the track, as I was just getting bored.

Production is pretty tight on this, just wish the arrangement moved a bit more. Not bad, though.

Reinteck responds:

Thanks for the review and helpful tips! I will definitely think about these things when I make future songs. Thanks for checking out my music!

I've frequented this site for quite a few years, now, and support what you're all about. I can't draw worth anything (and my animating & programming skills are sub-par), but I'm a decent composer. If anyone needs something for a flash let me know.

33, Male